Square Charcuterie Plate, Tray, Charger, 14" x .75"
About this Acaciaware™ Wood Charcuterie Board:
- Dimensions: 14" x .75"
- Shape: Square
- Handcrafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood
- Durable and long-lasting
- Unique and rich-color wood grain
- Easy care (not dishwasher or microwave safe)
- Eco-friendly: Made from sustainable wood
This Acaciaware™ wood plate can be used as a plate, tray, charger, or wooden charcuterie board.
Each wooden plate is hand turned from one solid piece of acacia hardwood, not small pieces of wood glued together. This means the acacia wood plate or serving tray will not crack or fall apart. The hard grain of the Acaciaware wooden plate repels penetration by liquids, will not stain or pick up odors like garlic or onions.
The Acaciaware wooden plate can handle moderate heat but cannot withstand hot pans or baking dishes taken directly from the oven.
Acaciaware™ is made from acaciawood which is a hard wood with a tight grain. This superior material makes our wooden serving plates, trays, and chargers resistant to water penetration, stains, and odors.
Acaciaware™ is Food-Safe
A food-safe finish makes our acacia wooden plates, trays, and chargers more durable and long-lasting than other glued and pieced-together woodenware.
Acaciaware™ is Easy Care!
Simply wash the wooden plate with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood plate ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition.
Acaciaware™ - Sustainable Dinnerware
Acacia wood is one of the most popular sustainable materials on the market, and is a top choice for sustainable dinnerware.
The acacia tree grows rapidly, with a reported growth rate of between twenty four and thirty six inches per year. They are able to achieve this growth due to their deep taproots which help them access moisture and nutrients deep in the soil. The rapid growth rate of the acacia tree makes it an ideal choice for sustainable forestry. When managed properly, acacia plantations can provide a renewable source of wood with minimal impact on the environment. Additionally, the use of acacia wood helps to reduce pressure on other threatened forest.
Acaciaware™ is responsibly forested with care. 'Responsibly forested' means that our wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operations and protecting their rights and interests.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
Acacia wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay.
We minimize our carbon footprint by using clean recycled packing material.