Acacia Calabash Salad Bowls
Acaciaware - Acacia Calabash Salad Bowls
Why Are Acaciaware Acacia Wood Calabash Salad Bowls Considered Sustainable?
Acaciaware acacia wood calabash bowls and serving trays are a sensible, sustainable wood choice due to the acacia tree's rapid growth cycle and low environmental impact. Acacia trees are native to Australia, Africa, Central America and the Pacific Islands. The acacia tree is the prominent tree of the Hawaiian Islands, which is why acacia wood calabash bowls are sometimes called "Hawaiian" bowls. The word calabash comes from the name of the calabash tree, Acacia wood calabash serving bowls have the approximate same shape of the fruit from the calabash trees, bowls, with a curved, smooth shape.
Acacia trees can grow quickly in hot, dry climates and are one of the most efficient carbon dioxide absorbers among tree species. Because of those reasons, acacia trees are often used in reforestation projects. In fact acacia trees grow so fast, they are sometimes considered a predatory tree because they compete for space with native trees. Under those circumstances, harvesting the acacia trees is a major plus for the surrounding eco-system of native trees and plants.
Acaciaware and Sustainability
Genuine Acaciaware acaciawood calabash bowls are responsibly forested with care. 'Responsibly forested' means:
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the employment, free lunch programs, medical exams and college scholarships.
The Calabash Bowl Is An Iconic Symbol In The United States
The calabash became a powerful icon in the United States as a result of the transatlantic slave trade. It was brought to the Americas by enslaved Africans and has since become a symbol of African American culture. On plantations that held enslaved African Americans, the Calabash symbolized freedom—as alluded to in the song "Follow the Drinking Gourd" that referenced the Big Dipper constellation that was used to guide the Underground Railroad. The Underground Railroad is a term for the covert network of safe houses and routes used by enslaved African Americans to escape to free states and Canada. The calabash bowl also became a popular symbol in the United States during the civil rights movement.
Large Acacia Wood Calabash Salad Bowls And Fruit Bowls Are A Great Addition To Your Kitchen
Acacia wood is a material that makes nice acacia bowls for food. Big wooden bowls are perfect as a Cesare salad bowl and other salad serving bowls. Acacia wood calabash salad bowl sets are an appreciated wedding gift, on brides registry, house warming gifts and wooden fruit bowl for the kitchen counter. Pacific Merchants Acaciaware also makes acacia wood calabash nut bowls and candy dishes, as well as wooden key bowls. We have a broad selection of small acacia wood fruit bowls, candy bowls and candy dishes.
There are many sturdy and durable wood salad bowls on the market, but acacia wood calabash salad bowls are a great option. Large acacia wood salad bowls come in many shapes and sizes and are perfect for wooden serving bowls for any occasion. Calabash bowls are perfect as salad serving bowls, wooden fruit bowls, wooden fruit bowl for the counter, big salad bowls for pasta, and other foods. Pacific Merchants Acaciaware acacia wood big calabash wood salad bowls are great for serving and are a perfect addition to any kitchen on the counter.
Why Buy Acaciaware?
- Pacific Merchants acacia wood calabash salad serving bowls are hand crafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood. A large wooden fruit bowl will not crack or split. An Acaciaware wood bowl set is a perfect holiday gift. A wood bowl set is perfect as a creative wedding gift.
- Acaciaware is made from acacia wood which is a hard wood with a tight grain. This superior material makes our acacia wooden kitchen bowls resistant to water penetration, stain resistant and they will not pick up odors. A calabash food bowl made from acacia wood can be used for various snacks like as a popcorn bowl, chip bowl, pasta bowl or large salad bowl.
- Pacific Merchant acacia wood salad bowls are completely food-safe for both hot and cold appetizers or entrees. A food-safe finish makes our acacia wooden bowls more durable and long-lasting than bamboo bowls, or other glued and pieced-together acacia wood that can fall apart with use or run through the dishwasher by accident.
- Acaciaware is easy care! Simply wash with warm soapy water and air dry. Acacia wood salad bowls are not microwave or dishwasher safe.
Acaciaware is Easy Care!
Simply wash the item with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood calabash salad bowl ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition. Not dishwasher or microwave safe. Never leave your wood bowl soaking in water.