Why Acacia Wood Charcuterie Serving Trays Or Wooden Plates?
Pacific Merchants Acaciaware acacia wood wooden serving trays and acacia wood plates are hand crafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood. This means the acacia wooden tray or serving plate will not crack or fall apart. The tight wood grain of acacia wood means the wood repels liquids and will not stain. Acacia wooden trays are attrative and work well as ottomon trays.
Pacific Merchants Acaciaware Acacia Wood Serving Trays and Sustainability
Acaciaware is responsibly forested with care. 'Responsibly forested' means that our wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner. Here's what sustainable means:
• Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate
• Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
• Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
• Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
• Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
• Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
• Helping workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operations and protecting their rights and interests.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
Acacia wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay
Simply wash the item with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood charcuterie tray, appetizer serving tray ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition. Acaciaware can handle moderate heat but cannot withstand hot pans or baking dishes taken directly from the oven. None of our serveware should be used as a trivet for hot pans or casseroles out from the oven. Acacia wood is not dishwasher or microwave safe.
We minimize our carbon footprint by using clean recycled packing material!
Here's A Summary Of Pacific Merchants Acaciaware
- Pacific Merchants Acaciaware acacia wood salad bowls, serving trays and acacia wood plates are handcrafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood. Each piece has a unique shape and wood grain.
- Acacia wood is durable and long-lasting. Our large acacia wood salad bowls and wooden fruit bowls are completely food-safe, will not stain and will not pick up odors.
- Pacific Merchants acacia wood is easy care. Just hand-wash with warm soapy water and air-dry. Acacia wood bowls are not microwave safe.
- Pacific Merchants practices sustainability. Sustainable foresting means harvesting rates do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Natural forest conditions need to be maintained for wildlife and healthy ecosystems. We do not clear forests or replace them with barren tree plantations.
- We are socially conscious and help local communities benefit from the forestry. We support employment, school lunch programs and college scholarships.