Pacific Merchants offers this heavier, larger version of the classic French wood spoon. The heft, length, and larger bowl makes this wood spoon perfect for tackling larger dishes that require bigger pots and pans. Pacific Merchants offers this wood spoon in size 18" to 22" to give you the long handle necessary for reaching into deep pots and pans. The solid wood handle promises a comfortable, feel-good grip that won?t absorb heat and burn your hand.
French wood spoons have a rich history and an important place in culinary culture. All our French wood spoons, tools, and spatulas are lovingly hand-crafted and imported from France, and thus are of the highest quality and beauty. Wood spoons will not discolor food, alter taste, conduct heat, or melt. Thanks to its tight grain and pores, beechwood is resistant to warping and cracking. Cleaning is simple; wash with warm water and allow to air dry.
- Professional grade beech wood spoons measure from 18-Inches through 22-Inches in length
- Hand crafted in France by small, artisan factories owned by families who have carved wood into spoons, spatulas and utensils for generations
- Each piece has its own stamp of quality with the word "France" burned into each handle
- Safe for non-stick cookware surfaces, porcelain, ceramic, glass or enamel and the hardness of the wood means they will resist staining or picking up odors
- French beechwood is sourced from known, legal and well-managed timber sources
- Simply wash with warm soapy water and air dry but if the wood ever appears dry, simply coat with a non-toxic mineral oil to replenish its beauty and rich look
French beech wood spoons and spatulas are the world renowned classics that everyone grew up with. Your mom probably used one as they are the workhorse of wooden utensils for cooking, baking, stirring, serving and disciplining children (just kidding) for generations. French made beech wood spoons spatulas are an attractive yet functional way to serve and will certainly add joie de vivre to your family events or dinner parties. France is commonly known as the preeminent source for classically shaped, high-quality wooden spoons and spatulas as compared to anywhere else on the globe. Pacific Merchants sources beech wood from small, family-run artisan factories who value quality wood-working versus simply the speed of production. The world-class skill of carving hardwood spatulas and crafting small wooden accessories has been proudly passed down from generation to generation. If you look carefully, you will notice distinct carving marks somewhere on each piece. The natural features of the beechwood grain means no two pieces look the same. Each beech wood spoon and spatula has natural imperfections in the wood grain. These "beauty marks" are normal and add character and charm to each piece, almost like a sculptural piece of art. The sanded smooth handles feel comfortable and easy in your hand and will not become hot when rested on the side of a boiling pot. Beech wood is resistant to heat, staining, and picking up odors. Each piece has its own stamp of quality with the word "France" burned into each handle, denoting the pride and providence of wooden spatulas made In France. Take care of your beechwood wooden spoon and you will enjoy using it for years and years. C'est magnifique!