Round Calabash Bowl, 12" x 4"
About this Acaciaware™ Round Calabash Bowl:
Dimensions: 12" x 12" x 4"
Handcrafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood, each calabash salad bowl has its own unique look with a naturally colored wood grain. Each piece is like its own work of sculptured art!
Acaciaware™ is made from acacia wood which is a hard wood with a tight grain. This superior material makes our wooden serving bowls resistant to water penetration, stains, and odors.
Acaciaware™ is Food-Safe
Completely food-safe for both hot and cold appetizers or entrees. A food-safe finish makes our acacia wooden bowls more durable and long-lasting than bamboo bowls, or other glued and pieced-together woodenware that can fall apart with use or run through the dishwasher by accident.
Acaciaware™ is Easy Care!
Simply wash the item with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood salad bowl, appetizer serving tray ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition.
Care Instructions for your Acacia Wood Large Salad Bowl
- Avoid exposing Acaciaware wooden fruit bowls to extreme temperatures or excessive moisture.
- Don't leave your wood bowl submerged in water overnight.
- Hand wash your acacia wood bowl with warm soapy water and air dry.
- Do not put your wood bowl in the dishwasher or microwave.
- You can apply a non-toxic mineral oil if for some reason the wood looks dry.
- Buy with confidence! Acaciaware acacia wooden salad bowls have been sold for the last 25 years.
Acaciaware™ and Sustainability
Acaciaware™ is responsibly forested with care. 'Responsibly forested' means that our wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operations and protecting their rights and interests.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
Acacia wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay.
The Sustainable Acacia Tree
Why Is Acaciaware Acacia Wood The Sustainable Choice?
- Acacia trees are easy to grow and fast growers. Depending on the species, they can grow anywhere from 1-3 feet per year. An acacia tree can regrow 2-3 times on the same trunk.
- The rapid growth rate of the acacia tree makes it an ideal choice for sustainable forestry. When managed properly, acacia plantations can provide a renewable source of wood with minimal impact on the environment.
- Growing acacia trees is sustainable because they capture and store carbon dioxide and because more than one product can be harvested from the same tree. Acacia trees are used around the world for re-forestation because of these qualities.
- Our wood sources use harvesting rates that do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate. Natural forest conditions are maintained for wildlife and healthy ecosystems.
- Pacific Merchants is socially conscious and we help local communities benefit from the forestry. We support employment, school lunch programs, medical exams and college scholarships.
Some Great Reasons To Buy Acaciaware Acacia Wood
- Pacific Merchants acacia wood salad bowls and serving trays are handcrafted from one solid piece of acacia hardwood. Each piece has a unique shape and wood grain.
- Acacia wood is durable and long-lasting. Our large salad bowls and wooden fruit bowls are completely food-safe, will not stain and will not pick up odors.
- Pacific Merchants acacia wood serving trays are versatile wooden trays. The square trays can be used as wooden plates or chargers. The round or square trays can be used as charcuterie plates, ottoman trays or rustic looking serving trays.
- Pacific Merchants acacia wood is easy care. Just hand-wash with warm soapy water and air-dry. Acacia wood bowls are not microwave or dishwasher safe.
- Pacific Merchants practices sustainability. Sustainable foresting means harvesting rates do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Natural forest conditions need to be maintained for wildlife and healthy ecosystems. We do not clear forests or replace them with barren tree plantations.
- We are socially conscious and help local communities benefit from the forestry. We support employment, school lunch programs, medical exams and college scholarships.
We minimize our carbon footprint by using clean recycled packing material.