Acaciaware and Sustainability
Acacia wood is durable and long-lasting. Products like acacia wood serving bowls and acacia wood fruit bowls are handcrafted to last. When you buy Acaciaware, you can be sure that you're investing in a product that will stand the test of time. Acacia wooden serving bowls, serving trays and charcuterie trays are beautiful, functional, and eco-friendly, making them the perfect choice for the modern consumer.
Minimizing Our Carbon Footprint: Recycled Packing Material
In our own warehouse, we recycle used shipping boxes through a special machine imported from Germany. The machine we affectionately call Mr. Shredder shreds cardboard into soft webbing that is used as packing material to keep our products safe in their journey from our warehouse in Southern California to you, our treasured customers all across the country.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants has committed to supporting the planting of trees in pursuit of promoting sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead. We don't just talk about our responsibility to protect forests, we get our hands dirty and actually do something about it.
The Acacia Tree's Rate Of Growth
The acacia tree grows rapidly, with a reported growth rate of from 24 to 36 inches per year. They are able to achieve this growth due to their deep taproots which help them access moisture and nutrients deep in the soil. Additionally, their leaves are adapted to store water, allowing the trees to survive in arid conditions. Acacia trees provide food and shelter for many animals. The rapid growth rate of the acacia tree makes it an ideal choice for sustainable forestry. When managed properly, acacia plantations can provide a renewable source of wood with minimal impact on the environment. Additionally, the use of acacia wood helps to reduce pressure on other threatened forests. The acacia tree can regrow itself 2-3 times if the roots are left in the ground.
The Tenets Of Sustainable Forestry: What Does Sustainable Forestry Mean?
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened, and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities, and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operation, and protecting their rights and interests.
Why Is Acacia Wood The Sensible Choice Among Other Available Woods?
Here are just a few reasons why sustainable acacia wood is the sensible choice for eco-conscious consumers:
- Acacia wood is a highly renewable resource. It grows quickly and efficiently, so it doesn't put a strain on the environment the way that other types of wood can.
- Acacia trees help improve soil quality and support other plant life in the area. When you choose products made with acacia wood, you can rest assured that you're not contributing to deforestation or other environmental concerns.
- Acacia wood is one of the strongest and most durable woods available. It's resistant to rot, pests, and extreme weather conditions.
- Acacia wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay.