Acaciaware™ Wood Utensils
Handcrafted from one solid piece of Acacia hardwood. Each spoon, spatula, and rake has its own unique look with a naturally colored wood grain. Each piece is like its own work of sculptured art!
Acaciaware™ is made from acacia wood which is a hard wood with a tight grain. This superior material makes our wooden serving bowls resistant to water penetration, stains, and odors.
Completely food safe for both hot and cold appetizers or entrees. A food safe finish makes our acacia wooden bowl more durable and long lasting than bamboo bowls, or other glued and pieced together woodenware that can fall apart with use or run through the dishwasher by accident.
Acaciaware™ and Goodwoods™ and Sustainability
Acaciaware™ and Goodwoods™ are both responsibly forested with care. ‘Responsibly forested’ means that our wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
- Harvesting rates and clearing sizes that do not exceed a forest’s natural capacity to regenerate.
- Maintaining natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems to function.
- Protecting and maintaining rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types.
- Not clearing forests or replacing them with barren tree plantations.
- Minimizing or eliminating chemical use.
- Protecting streams and rivers from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitats.
- Helping workers, communities, and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operations and protecting their rights and interests.
As part of our dedication to social responsibility, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
Acacia wood is highly resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood have many waste substances that are preservatives, which render the wood unpalatable to insects. This makes the wood dense and thus resistant to penetration by water and other agents of decay.
Acaciaware™ and Goodwoods™ are Easy Care! Simply wash the item with warm soapy water and air dry. If your acacia wood salad bowl, serving tray ever appears dry, treat it with mineral oil and the grain will be restored to its original beautiful condition.
We minimize our carbon footprint by using recycled packing material.