Big, sinfully delicious meals are the core of the holiday season. Whether you have a large glazed turkey or a flavorful pasta on the agenda, the holidays are without a doubt the best time to eat your heart out.
In the midst of the holiday frenzy, it’s always good to strike a nutritious balance to keep your body in check and upkeep your health. As the most important meal of the day, eating a healthy nutritious breakfast can set your day off to a great start, supply you with increased energy to participate in holiday festivities, and allow you to eat hearty holiday dinners with reduced guilt.
Our friends at Mindful Morsels put together this delicious family-sized muesli recipe that we’re excited to share with you. It combines raw nuts, seeds, fruits, and spices to create a breakfast bowl as appetizing as it is nourishing. Happy holidays, and bon appétit!
Raw Sprouted Muesli
Nuts and Seeds:
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut ribbons (or shredded)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup dried white mulberries
- ½ cup dried chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup dried berries (blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 cups rolled old fashioned oats
- ½ cup oat flour (if you have a high powered blender you can blend ½ cup rolled oats)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Add hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds to a jar or bowl and cover with water until the water is approximately an inch above nuts (as they will soak in some of the water) .
- Let soak overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Add to dehydrator on a mesh sheet, spread evenly so they are not overlapping and dehydrate for a few hours (or until dry) at 115°F.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight jar or container. Enjoy!