It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Here’s our signature recipe. As you can see, we tend to make a mess in the kitchen, but we make great cookies too, and our awesome Mason Cash Mixing bowls are perfect for cookie baking!
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1/3 lb white sugar
- 2/3 lbs dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 lbs bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 lbs semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 325
- Whisk all dry ingredients (Except sugar) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment (or in a bowl with hand beaters) combine the butter and sugars. Beat 2 minutes until beginning to get light and creamy
- Add vanilla and beat an additional minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg completely
- gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated
- Add the Chocolate chips and fold with a heavy spatula to combine
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough onto lined or greased baking sheet, leaving ample space between cookies
- Flatten slightly and sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown around the edges and still soft in the middle
- Let cool for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack
- Enjoy with tall glass of milk!
Don’t forget to visit our previous blog post to find out how to win a 25 buck gift certificate to our site!
Tags: baking, Baking Recipe, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chips, cookies, dessert recipe, easy cookie recipe, how to bake, how to make cookies, making cookies from scratch