Did you know Americans consume more food on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year, except Thanksgiving?
If you’re one of the many who perhaps indulged a little too much during the big game, and you’re feeling a little remorseful, never fear! Pacific Merchants has a great recipe (courtesy of Weight Watchers) to share with you. The perfect size to fit in our Mason Cash one-cup ramekins,, this Breakfast Casserole is a great energy breakfast, able to pack a punch in a small serving, yet still fill you up.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 Tbsp. Red Onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Zucchini, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Red Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Low fat shredded cheese, about 2 Tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat two Mason Cash 8 ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Cut a circle from each slice of bread and firmly press into the bottoms of both ramekins; set aside.
- Lightly coat a medium saute pan with cooking spray; heat over medium high heat. Add onion, red pepper and zucchini to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and onion is translucent, about three to five minutes. Promptly remove from heat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined; stir in cooked vegetables and cheese. Pour equal amounts into each ramekin. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted into center comes out clean (about 20 minutes). Remove promptly from oven; let sit for five to 10 minutes before serving. Yields one ramekin per serving
This is a great breakfast idea for those who are trying to get a good mix of complex carbohydrates and proteins yet still eat lightly, or who may be looking for good portion control for breakfast.