If you’ve ever called our offices and been greeted by a happy French accent, you’ve ‘met’ Gigi, on of our Account Executives. Originally from Paris and Dijon, France (respectively), Gigi has been with us since early 2010.
Since January is National Apple Month, Gigi has supplied us with her recipe for “Tarte Aux Pommes de ma Maman,” or “Mum’s Apple Tart.” “It’s super easy to make and it’s so delicious,” she said. “I grew up with it; my mum would bake it for me on Sundays or if I would get a good grade on my mathematics test.” We hope you enjoy this tarte as much as Gigi and her family do!
For the Dough:
- 1 ½ cup of Flour
- ½ of cup of Butter (and 2 extra tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Mix Flour with Butter and Sugar, until it looks like bread crumbs (we recommend using our Mason Cash Size 18 Mixing Bowl-currently on sale!)
- Add Egg, mix with a fork
- Mix with your hands to form a dough
- Roll it, pierce holes all over it with a fork
- Sprinkle another 2 tablespoon of Sugar
For the Tarte:
- 4 Golden Apples
- 1 cup of Cream
- Cut and peel Apples, slice them in thin quarters
- Lie them in a circle on the dough
- Add cream, be careful NOT to overflow (can be less than a cup)
- Add I small tablespoon of butter on the top of it (French people LOVE butter!)
Bake at 350, between 35 and 40 minutes (depending on your oven) until the tarte is golden brown, as seen in the above picture.
Tags: Apple Tart, Apple Tart Recipe, French Apple Tart, French Apple Tart Recipe, French Recipe, Mason Cash 21005, Mason Cash Bowl, Mason Cash Bowl 21005, Mason Cash Mixing Bowl, Mason Cash Size 18 Bowl, Mixing Bowl, National Apple Month, National Apple Month Recipe, Pacific Merchants, Pacific Merchants Recipes, Pacific Merchants Trading Company, Size 18 Mason Cash Mixing Bowl, Tart Aux Pommes de ma Maman