GENUINE ACACIAWARE™ - Responsibly Forested With Care!
Acacia Hardwood Salad Bowls and Serving Trays From Pacific Merchants
- Acacia wood is a naturally resinous hardwood so it resists penetration by liquids and will not pick up odors from ingredients such as garlic or onions. This wood is resistant to decay because the tree deposits in the heartwood many waste substances which are preservatives and render the wood unpalatable to insects making the wood dense and difficult to be penetrated by water and other decay agents.
- All of Pacific Merchants Acaciaware bowls and serving sets are hand crafted, giving each piece a unique grain and beautiful look.
- A Huge assortment allows customers to build their collection of Acaciaware serving pieces. Start with dipping bowls and square plates, then go from there!
- Responsibly forested means that wood harvested from healthy forests is done so in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner. This includes:
• Harvesting rates and clearing sizes do not exceed a forest's natural capacity to regenerate.
- Natural forest conditions needed for wildlife and healthy ecosystems are maintained.
- Rare, threatened and endangered species and forest types are maintained and protected.
- No forests are cleared and replaced by barren tree plantations.
- Streams and rivers are protected from soil erosion that degrades water quality and fish habitat.
- Workers, communities and indigenous people benefit from the forestry operation, and their rights and interests are protected.
As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility Program, Pacific Merchants Trading has committed to planting trees in pursuit of sustainable development, conservation and the protection of our environment. Our goal is to make a positive impact on future generations and encourage others to follow our lead.
ACACIAWARE™ IS EASY CARE!
- Simply wash in warm soapy water and air dry.
- Not dishwasher or microwave safe.
- The natural hardness of Acacia wood plus a food-safe, protective finish means all serving pieces will resist penetration by liquids, staining or odors.
- Take care of your Acaciaware™ and it will last for years and years!